Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cain

There was a place where I used to hide..
The place where I was assimilated with the melancholy of loneliness.
Under the creaky bed, where the spider with zebra stripes lived.

I lay there watching the theater of feet and slippers, fought with invisible enemies and watched the spider as he waited for his prey.
I wanted to take my little brother to my world.. To the source of the stories which I told him before we went to sleep..

One day he saw the place and tried to sneak in with me and that ancient dark anger filled my heart..
I pressed my feet on his soft chest and pushed him out of my world and guarded my world enjoying the power of denial..
I saw him going out of the room beaten and battered with my feet imprinted on his chest forever..

Into my pain of guilt, he came.. with the smell of moist soil and blood.

Cain .. the lightning in sandstorm, the man with the blood of his brother in his hands..
From the deepness of his throat, words resounded across the realms of my hideout.

"I wandered around the world with this ancient horror. Not the wrath of an unjust god, nor the tears of mother, but that kiss which dried up long back in my lips which I kept for the pale skin of my brothers cheeks.."

A white light surrounded me and I saw Abel smiling at me with tearful eyes. I extended my hand to touch him..

No comments: